Although the XTX40 is a mid-range Apeks regulator, it is still considered a high performance regulator in independent reviews, upholding the quality and efficiency that comes with Apeks products. The XTX40 comes with all the features of our highly successful XTX50, with the different feature of diver adjustable breathing resistance control.
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life
Features and Benefits
The first stage has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This provides the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. However, it is important to note that only the narrow exhaust tee is supplied with the regulator.
Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder set ups.
The XTX40 regulator can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed configuration, giving the user an option. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician.
Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. The benefits of these hoses are lighter weight, more flexibility and more durability.
Suitable for cold water use (below 10 C / 50 F).
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Use the DST first stage.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 2 HP ports and 4 MP ports on a rotating turret are angled for optimum hose routing.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
||Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||MP ports mounted on swivel turret
|Number of HP ports
||2 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||4 with 5th port option (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Chrome over marine brass
||Convertible LH or RH
|Type of second stage
|Integrated Venturi Lever
||Diver Changeable - supplied with small exhaust tee only.
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
|Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores
||Avg. 0.85 joules/liter
||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.
||Yoke 1230g / DIN 1100g