Apeks ATX40 Octopus is one of the various regulators available at Oceanblue Dive that showcase our dedication to providing the best available scuba gear on our online dive shop platform.
This octopus is based upon the XTX40 second stage, with some upgrades. It includes left / right hand reversibility, cold water capability and the performance you would expect from an Apeks pneumatically balanced valve. It features a diver-adjustable venturi control, a high visibility yellow front cover, yellow accent pieces and a 36” yellow hose.
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life
Features and Benefits
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorized Service Technician.
- Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
- Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing for the user.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and resists any possible friction, giving it a smooth operation.
- The Octopus is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue, and makes it more comfortable for the user.
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10 C / 50 F).