Apeks ATX40 Regulator is one of the various scuba regulators available on our online dive shop, showcasing our dedication to providing quality scuba equipment.
Before the XTX range of regulators came along, the ATX models ruled the seas. The ATX40 is still available today and offers a fully balanced first and second stage with cold water capability (can be used in all temperatures including those below 10 C / 50 F).
This product qualifies for Free Parts for Life, a warranty giving you the peace of mind that you purchased quality scuba gear.
Features and Benefits
This high-performance regulator boasts an over-balanced first stage coupled with a pneumatically balanced second stage.
The smooth, quiet breath is sure to enhance your diving enjoyment and provide you with the best possible scuba trip.
Suitable for coldwater use thanks to its first stage environmental dry seal and second stage heat exchanger.
Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
- Uses the DS4 first stage
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth, allowing you to get more out of your dives.
- 1 HP port and 4 MP ports are available.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Available in DIN and yoke.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The large purge button on the ATX is easy to operate even with thick gloves.
- The integrated venturi control provides a performance boost at depth while preventing unwanted freeflow at the surface.
- An extremely efficient exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Offers a compact, integrated exhaust tee.